Tasting - Hero & Villain Chardonnay



Name: Hero & Villain
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $12
Review: "Can you imagine a story without both? This wine is inspired by that classic scenario. It is authentic and pure, yet complex and a bit mysterious. By their nature, heroes and villains clash, but on occasion they join forces for the greater good. This wine is a perfect example." - back of the Bottle, 2015

My Review: You're gonna have to ignore the ugly picture before I give you the context. I wanted to post this wine first because it taught me the importance of pairings in the worst of ways. I brought this wine to a girls night (it was on sale and I'm not picky) and we all hated the flavor: it was sour and acidic and downright unpleasant. A week later when I was finishing off the bottle, I was shocked to find I liked it. It's a good balance of sweet and sour, and a surprisingly complex flavor for the $11 I payed for it.

I figured out, only now, that the reason I hated this wine was because I tried some right after a sip of sweet-as-can-be Blackberry wine, which made Hero & Villain taste sour in comparison.

I've learned early, wine is no game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...