Tasting - Hartley & Gibson's Cream Sherry


Name: Hartley & Gibson's
Variety: Cream Sherry
Region: Jerez Xeres Sherry
Country: Spain
Year: 2016
Price: A gift (listed at $12/bottle)
Review: "A sweet sherry for everyday use. With a typical mushroomy aroma, this amber-colored confection is sweet and easy to drink. There is a gentle nuttiness in the aftertaste, sort of like the flavor of roasted almonds... a pleasant after-dinner drink from a classic wine region." - Liquor Outlet Wine Cellars, 2015

My Review: I tried this wine at the house of a friend of mine who is a huge fan of Sherry... I can see why she liked it, it has an intense maple/caramel taste that feels very soft in the mouth, but I really didn't like it. If it isn't evident by now, I'm not a huge fan of sweet, desserty wines and this is no exception. I think this would taste amazing in a cake or a hot spiced winter drink, but not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...