Tasting - Dark Horse Chardonnay

Name: Dark Horse
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Price: $10
Review: Smooth and easy-drinking, this medium-bodied wine has the attributes many people enjoy: vanilla and coconut aromas, lightly sweet apple flavors that coat the palate, and a pear syrup quality that lingers on the finish.

My Review: I was delightfully surprised by this wine. Unlike most California Chardonnays, it tips away from the traditionally buttery taste, instead going for a fruity, flat flavor. The mouth feel is slightly more viscous than expected, which made the wine feel like a thin syrup. It's not my favorite Chardonnay, but I'm looking forward to trying the others by the maker: I forsee a this mouth feel/flavor being exceptional with fruitier, red notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...