Tasting - Yasa Garnacha

Name: Yasa
Variety: Garnacha
Year: 2015
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Price: $10
Review: This is a very elegant and complex wine offering blackberry, smoky and peppery aromas. Rich and smooth on the palate with fruity flavors and a long finish.

My Review: I was recommended this by another student at the Vintage Cellar and I, not being the confrontational type, bought it. I was not disappointed. This red wine manages to escape the feeling of the "bloody reds" with mouth filling flavors of spice and soft fruits that lingers in the mouth. It doesn't let you forget it's there without being forceful or aggressive as many reds are.  

It was one of these magical flavor moments. 


For the cheap consumer, I highly recommend as it was recommended to me. Red wines have entered my heart, and a new adventure in wine begins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...