Tasting - Anderra Cermenere




Name: Anderra
Variety: Carmenere
Region: Calle Central
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $15
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review Black currant and blackberry aromas open up to reveal bright strawberry and cherry notes, and a subtle spicy character. A touch of vanilla oak complements the fruit and the ripe, sweet finish.

My Review: This wine is a flavor powerhouse with bright, bold cherry flavors, distinct spiciness and a mouth-sucking dryness. That's not all in all a bad thing, but it's not what I'm looking for and, for how little the review stresses the woody flavors, I found them to be charred and jarring... but I had the last glass in the bottle and would be lying if I said I didn't find wood flake sediment in my glass. Further review needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...