Tasting - Castle Rock Pinot Noir


Name: Castle Rock
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $15
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review: Aromas of chocolate covered berries, dates, grilled pepper, cedar, and a touch of peppered ham with a supple, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a cherry tart and dark roasted nut finish.

My Review: This wine, not to kid itself, had the distinct flavor of Cranberry Juice (or more accurately, Cranberry Juice Cocktail). It also has this ashy, nutty taste that I can now recognize, but haven't learned to love. There's an additional woody taste in this wine I have yet to figure out, but I'll update you if I ever put my finger (tongue) on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...