Tasting - Beringer Sauvignon Blanc

(picture from Becky Sutherland)



Name: Beringer
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $10
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review: Wonderful grapefruit, guava and melon aromas that lead into citrus and melon flavors. There's a slight grassy back-note with a hint of honey and a balanced acidity that leads into to a citrus finish. 

My Review: This wine is delightfully crisp, a wonderful distinction to the generally acidic whites that start off previous tastings, with flavors of lemon and apricot that have a pine-like finish. There's this definite malic acid taste that I enjoy, but I don't taste the apple that usually goes along with it which throws my brain (and my tongue) for a serious loop... and I really liked the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...