Tasting - WildLife Merlot

(pardon the blur, too many people to get a clear shot)
Name: Wildlife
Variety: Merlot
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $10
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review: "The wine offers an array of red berries and a soft and mellow palate. The style is elegant with distinctive red berries and well-integrated wood aromas on the nose. The palate is velvety and smooth with an aftertaste that lingers with the juicy flavors of abundant berries." - Kysela Pere Et Fils LTD, 2014

My Review: The second of the South African wine pair, this one was... resoundingly okay: With the rad AF bird on the front, I expected better. The flavor was very dry, with flavors that shifted from fruity essences of cherry to olive to a woody finish. Now, part of my dislike may be that I'm not a fan of strong, woody flavors, but this is my review so y'all can suck it. Et tu, Birdy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...