Tasting - Schwartz Rose


Name: Schwartz
Variety: Rose
Region: Barossa
Country: Australia
Year: 2015
Price: $27
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review: "Once past a distracting note of tire rubber, this rosé of Grenache offers aromas of wet stone and watermelon rind. Berry fruit emerges on the palate, while the dry finish picks up hints of chocolate." - Joe Czerwinski, WineEnthusiast Editor, 2015

My Review: I love a good rose. You'll see when I get around to posting tastings from weeks without Vintage Cellar tastings that I've tried my gamete of roses. That said... this is, quite possibly, the most non-descript wine I've ever had. It has some light, floral and perfumy notes but the wine taster here is full of shit saying there's so much more to it than that. This wine, to me at least, is boring. Not bad, by any means, but boring. If I'm gonna spend $27 on a bottle, it better have something at least a little special next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...