Tasting - Baci Dolci Pink

(photo from Becky Sutherland)
Name: Baci Dolci
Variety: Rosato
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: Every year?
Price: $12
Location: Vintage Cellar
Review: " Fresh strawberry and cherry aromas. Light bodied with red fruit flavors and a refreshing sparkle to balance the semi-sweet finish." - Vintage Cellar Label Description

My Review: This is a pleasantly surprising wine. There's no denying it though, this wine is sweeeeeet (semi-sweet my ass) and hits your tongue hard with those delicate strawberry/cranberry flavors that I can only associate with strawberry applesauce (in a tube, of course.) That said, I couldn't get enough of the mouth feel. I don't think I've ever had a sparkling wine - I just turned 21 and I hate grape juice so new years was out - but the sweetness in tandem with the bubbles in my mouth was glorious. I bought a bottle of some pink sparkling wine right after this tasting, all I have to do is wait for an occasion to drink the whole bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event - Blacksburg Fork and Cork

Who's ready for wine tasting? I am! Hello everybody and welcome to Megan and Liam's dank trip to the Blacksburg Fork & Cork...